[Geysers] Even more snow, but, no Giant (1/8)

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 13:17:59 PST 2008

A dedicated German (I think) visitor saw a 16 minute hot period yesterday 1/7, and 2 weak ones today, so far.  He's the only way we know Grand erupted around mid-day today as we get more of that white stuff; he saw Vent & Turban i.e. at 1304.  Another hot period in progress at 1414.

Visitors also reported a Castle minor around 0930 this morning; some downloads show major-minor-major-minor... you get the idea.

Stu and I saw Beehive i.e. at 1632 ysterday, 1/7, while watching a 70-strong bison herd still in the meadow below Old Faithful.

Lone Star has shifted to a noon-3 schedule, from a 11-2 one.

Fan & Mortar had plenty of snow and no crust this morning, and... it's time to return to the desk.

Carolyn Loren