[Geysers] Geyser Gazing, Sunday Jan. 6th

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 01:11:09 PST 2008

Sawmill was in control, and Penta had not erupted since the big snow storm yesterday.

Riverside was at 1255.  While watching Riverside (and checking on Fan & Mortar, which had snow covering where the marker usually is), I missed a hot period at the Giant Group.  When I got back to the platform, Feather was still blipping, Mastiff was doing large surges from the front crater, and Giant had sucker surges about four feet above the cone.  Grotto was on.

Near Beehive, there was ice an inch thick over the snow, and the ramp down from Plume was solid ice.  By the way, an employee slipped on the Beehive Ramp of Death a few days ago, and broke his wrist, tore something else, and will have to have surgery.

Karen Low