[Geysers] Director's order - comment

Chris MacIntosh cmaci at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 18 16:07:39 PST 2016

I took the liberty of using Steve Gryc's comment as a base, with my own edits, in the interest of  getting something submitted quickly.  I apologize if this was offensive. I'd rather it were taken as "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery that mediocrity can pay to greatness."
This rule looks like a response to the 'age of litigation' - just ban it all, instead of educating, or allowing visitors to make their own responsible decisions about travel. I guess I was lucky to have wandered around Yellowstone decades ago, when one could visit many of the interesting backcountry sites.  Though when I told him I had gone to Rabbit Creek, the USGS researcher Alfred Truesdell's hair stood on end, as he thought of that as a grizzly-attracting dump site! Thanks for the helpful discussions.From the 'lurker' who enjoys the group but doesn't get to the park enough.
Chris MacIntosh
cmaci at sbcglobal.net