[Geysers] new breakout near Plume Geyser

Stjohn, James stjohn.2 at osu.edu
Wed Mar 9 07:09:08 PST 2016

Because of the recent interest in the new breakout near Plume Geyser, I wanted to share a link to a video compilation I made of the feature's activity in August 2015:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ13agogkwo

Reports indicate that it looks different now (I can see it erupting on the webcam) and likely will continue to change in the near future.

I have heard two nicknames applied to this feature so far - "Bottlecap Geyser" and "Fandango Geyser".  Well, "Fandango" is apparently one nickname for this new thing near Plume, but I may have misunderstood which feature was being talked about.

Best,

James St. John (School of Earth Sciences, Ohio State University at Newark)

stjohn.2 at osu.edu