[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, September 24, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:30:28 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Thursday, September 24, 2015

The northbound lane across Fountain Flat has been paved AND the bridge
across the hot cascades looks complete.  The pullout across from the base
of the Daisy Trail (@stock trail leading to the back of Biscuit Basin) is
now closed, and more building materials are there.

Great Fountain was ie (by sound) when I passed at 0637.  Visibility was nil
all the way past White Dome.  The road in front of Pink Cone was wet and
Pink Cone was gently steaming in the icy morning air.

UGB was 28 degrees at 0700.  Grand was called (Jim Scheirer) at 0712, Daisy
at 0732 (Jim again), and Beehive reported as 0114 frs.  I decided to try
for Fountain and lo and behold, it was NOT ie as I approached.  It did,
however, erupt promptly on my arrival at the overlook (0831 d=30min).
Sadly, the sun didn't reach it during the eruption.  I see by Geyser Times
I traded an Artemisia (0832) for my Fountain.  Oh, well, that's
geyser-gazing!

Next was a stop at White Dome (0934, 1000, approx 1055--forgot to write it
down!--1113, 1253).
"Rejuvenated" 0929ie, 0952, 1031, 1108, 1134, 1209, 1238
Gemini filled, bubbled, and dropped repeatedly during my time there, but no
eruption.

Lots of sunshine again today!  This is the life!!

Barbara Lasseter