[Geysers] Geyser Report: Young Hopeful/Gray Bulger

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Sep 18 10:52:22 PDT 2015

While I was in the park, late May to early June, I watched these vents
several times. The action seemed all-but-identical each time. As described by
Gryc, but the cycles (such as from the jetting vent, around through  the
bursting vents, and back to the jetting vent) took no longer than 5  minutes,
if that.The maximum height was around 4 feet, maybe as high as 6  feet in
spurts. See attached photo. At no time did I observe what could be  called
"continuous bursting."

As for the naming here, I pretty much agree with Gryc. I'm pretty sure
these active vents -- the jet and the bursters -- all belong to Gray  Bulger, I
think the Young Hopeful Geyser of old either no longer exists or has  bee
severely modified by time. Clearly, the geyser farthest from the road and
right at the lakeside is Artesia.

In a message dated 9/18/2015 7:50:09 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,