[Geysers] Geyser Report Friday, September 18, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 12:45:30 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Friday, September 18, 2015

The snow is back on the mountaintops!  And ice and snow on the boardwalks!!
A sharp tug on the car door broke it free of ice this AM.  We had many dark
clouds at the UGB, but no rain, at least this AM,  If the rain of the past
4 days hasn't significantly dampened the Spruce Fire, I can't imagine what
it will take.  No visible smoke.  Looking forward to much warmer weather
next week.

Beehive: 0853 (indicator per webcam @ 0839ie--we didn't see it until
0844ie, but then after a 32hr + interval, we sort of thought it had erupted
overnight!.
Grand: 0240E, 1110 T1Q
W Triplet 0807 Jim Scheirer
Percolator was active
Oblong: 1110ie
Daisy: 0802 frs, 1050ns
Fountain: 0831ie (per the Altstidl's, I believe) ending at 0837
Great fountain had finished before I passed at 0605 and was not in overflow
on my reutrn about 1210
White Dome 1216ie
Pink Cone: 1013 (Will Brown)

At 0615, Pink Cone had no water in the cup in the runoff channel.  Will
described it as starting abruptly from little to no prior activity.

I am collecting coins of different nations from the international travelers
I meet--swapping for US $.  It has been an interesting and educational
activity that I hope to continue next summer.

Barbara Lasseter