[Geysers] Geyser Report May 29

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Fri May 29 17:00:38 PDT 2015

I took a swing through Firehole Lake Drive this morning and noted that the water level in Pebble was down so I asume Gemini erupted.  I then headed to Norris where I spent most of the day but was successfully rewarded with an eruption of Ledge.  Steve Robinson is putting detailed comments on geysertimes.org.  Dave DeWitt is planning to write an article about the eruption and his observations Monday as well as today.  Red Vent seemed to have more sustained splashes and lifted columns of water 3 feet high periodically throughout the morning.  Although I don't have detailed notes to support my believe, I do believe it was more active than it was Monday.  But, the system is in change so who knows what "looking good" as far as proximity to an eruption means.  The water phase lasted about 2 hours and the roaring steam phase was in progress when I left.

Lynn Stephens