[Geysers] Geyser Report Friday, May 29, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri May 29 15:30:19 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Friday, May 29, 2015

Grand: 0022wc GT, 0655FRS, 1330 GT
West Triplet: 0538ns FRS, 1129ie GT
Rift: 0617 FRS
Oblong: 0617ie FRS, 1118 GT
Riverside: 0128ie wc FRS, 0838 FRS
Daisy: 0047 wc GT, 0638ie FRS, 1212 GT
Grotto: 0817ie GT
Fountain: 1304
Super Frying Pan: 1028 ie off at 1034 (this is not necessarily and end time)
Spasm: 1126ie
Morning's Thief: 1250, 1304, 1308
Jet: 1048ie, 1056, 1103, 1112, 1119, 1128, 1137, 1145, 1154, 1200,
1209, 1216ie, 1223,
        1232, 1241, 1249, 1257, 1305, 1309, 1312

My wrong-way driver on Firehole Lake Dr the other day was well aware
the road was 1 way, so he backed up from White Dome to Great Fountain.

Left West Yellowstone just before 0600 -- 30 degrees and lovely
sunshine.  By Madison Jct it was overcast and 37 degrees.  By Midway
the skies were positively gloomy.  At Old Faithful, overcast and 35
degrees.

The early AM photo tour saw 2 wolves just a bit north of Biscuit.

After 0900, skies still overcast.  I headed for Fountain, intending to
watch from the pullout. When the sun appeared, I chose to find a
parking space and wait on the overlook.  I was surprised by how
dramatic the changes in the lower boardwalk were.  I usually watch
from the overlook, but went down for a close-up while I waited.  There
is a bulkge in front of Fountain where the walk widens a bit.  The
bench from Clepsydra is now at the end of the overlook.  The new
boardwalk past Clepsydra isn't wide enough to allow a bench.  Spasm
and Jelly seem way off.  Even Fountain seems further away.

I enjoyed the bluebirds were flitting about at Fountain and the
swallows.  They are gorgeous birds.

Barbara Lasseter