[Geysers] Geyser Report Sunday, June 21, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 13:00:11 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Sunday, June 21, 2015

Steam from Morning Mist was visible as I passed at 0601.

First stop Firehole Lake Drive where Great Fountain was in overflow.
(start 0627 p=0)  The place seemed abandoned with Lynn gone.

At the UGB, Grand was expected (0736) another Grand start after a
long, wavy "full" period, and again I saw no Turban eruptions, but we
were treated to a 2nd burst.

Beehive had been seen splashing a bit, so to the hill.  Beehive 1117
(indicator @ 1103, water seen at 1101)

Jim Scheirer reported that Castle had a minor overnight (0023 GT),
followed by a major at 0527.

White Dome: 0614ie
Depression: 0547 GT, 1059ie (barely visible from Beehive)
Till: 1208ie

On the flower scene, lupine are thriving in the median on the
southbound approach to the OF cloverleaf.

Overheard:
   In the past week and older man was exclaiming about how many
glaciers he'd seen erupting.  (It would take more than a poncho to
protect from the falling shards of ice.)
   At Beehive this AM:  "Do any of these geysers erupt at night?"
(24-7 365, no vacations, no sick time, no holidays--they have a rare
dedication to the task at hand)

Despite the warm weather, waiting in the wind on the cusp of geyser
hill for Beehive can be chilling.  Visitors pass by wearing shorts and
t shirts.  (Those that stick around soon pull out any warm wear they
have.)  As I head back to the car wearing all my layers, I look like
an eskimo dropped in on a summer BBQ.

I did catch a number of the stagecoaches and wagons on display here in
West for "1915 the Twilight of Stagecoaches in Yellowstone" presented
this weekend by the National Stagecoach and Freight Wagon Assoc.  Some
of them were manufactured many years ago in sequential order based on
their serial numbers.

Hoping to stay awake and see an aurora late tonite.

Barbara Lasseter