[Geysers] Geyser Report Saturday, June 20, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 14:41:50 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Saturday, June 20, 2015

First, my apologies to Firehole Lake drive's MANY geysers.  In
yesterday's report I left off the name Great Fountain for the 0813
erupting geyser in that location.

This morning Great Fountain was at 0818 p=5 (overflow began 0657).
While waiting there, Lynn Stephens and I saw the steam cloud from
Fountain at 0811ns.

Beehive was very quiet--likely erupted overnight.
Grand: 0931 G1C  (and I saw no Turban eruptions prior--good timing, huh?)
West Triplet: 0936
Lion: 0932ie frs, 1039 (and, per geyser times, 2 subsequent minors
followed by a major at 1238ie all webcam)
"Rejuvenated": 0644ie
Gemini: 0734ie (not initial) per Lynn Stephens

At 0958 I saw that Marmot Cave was overflowing and pulsing.  I paused
to watch, ready to film an "eruption".  It suddenly drained, so in a
matter of a minute or two I saw it both full and empty.   Heart Spring
was still milky.

FLOWERS!  On the trail from Sawmill to Lion, I have smelled the chives
for days now, and this morning I saw buds--also bog orchids, flax,
Richardson geraniums (white), mouse-eared chickweed, paintbrush,
several DYCs, gentians of course...what am I forgetting?   The red
stems of the stonecrop have deepened in color and the yellow tops have
appeared.  On the trail to Solitary the columbine has started to
bloom.  Lynn Stephens has spotted a colony of columbine on the W side
of the loop road a bit N of Fountain Paintpots.

A limping white wolf was reported in the vicinity of Firehole Lake Dr
--the alpha female of the Canyon Pack, I am told.

The closed sign is gone from the Mary Mountain trailhead.  The pylons
remain on both roadsides from Biscuit to Daisy Trail.  The rough cut
on the road into the Lower Store from the sewer line work had been
leveled with gravel.

After I got home yesterday the wind came up--big time.  It rattled the
window glass.  So nice to be secure inside!

Barbara Lasseter