[Geysers] Geyser Report Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 12:37:40 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Night before last I was out hoping for an aurora.  No luck for me, and
lack of sleep kept me from going into the park yesterday.

I headed to Norris this AM.  From the parking lot I heard Kitt Barger
calling Ledge for 0554 (it was 0559 at that point, so I had missed the
start).  Late or not, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience!  Donnie &
Betty Grisso and Kitt had arrived at first light.  Kitt decided she
was going to film the next big splash out of red vent and caught the
start of the eruption.  There were some happy people there!

I was trying to match what I was seeing to what I saw at 0620 on the
last eruption (Fri 6/19) hoping to determine how far into the eruption
I had arrived that morning.  After 4 hours I was unable to identify a
water level that seemed to match the little bit I had seen before.

Constant: 0737, 0943 (0945)  BUT combined steam from Guardian and
Ledge often obscured my Constant view, and I was primarily watching
Ledge, so I expect there were other euptions of Constant.

Rocco Paperiello reported seeing 2 young bull moose walking along the
loop road S of Gibbon Falls.  I saw neither the moose nor the foxes,
but I had a great morning!

Barbara Lasseter