[Geysers] Geyser Report Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 14:51:53 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Tuesday, June 16, 2015

My friend and neighbor accompanied me geyser gazing today.  The Lower
Geyser Basin was foggy, but our timing was good for a morning Great
Fountain (0727)--over 17 hours after the lo-o-ong eruption at 1417
yesterday.   At the UGB we headed for Grand, which eventually erupted
against a dramatic black sky (1030).  We hustled back to the car in
the midst of thunder and lightning.  The actual rain waited until we
were safe in the car.

On Firehole Lake Drive, we traded eruption times with Lynn Stephens,
and went to Fountain (1246, D=34min, 15sec).

Home for chores.

I think we'll likely do this again.

Lion had a "long" series of 5 eruptions plus 1 minor.

Beehive: 1436 (indicator 1417)
Grand: overflow @ 0629 per Jim Scheirer, 1030 1 burst turban start,
vent & turban continued,
Turban: 0851, 0922, 0957, 1013, 1030
West Triplet 0805ie  per Jim
Rift 0805ie per Jim
Castle: 0530 minor T, 1044 major
Oblong: 0833ns
Riverside: 1103 GT
Daisy: 0621 GT, 0851
"Rejuvenated" 1157ie

Jet not seen til after Fountain ended  1316, 1318, 1319
Super Frying Pan 1218ie
Labial: 1159ie
Pink: 1159ie

Barbara Lasseter