[Geysers] Geyser Report Monday, June 15, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 19:55:39 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Monday, June 15, 2015

Beehive: 1126 (indicator @ 1107)
Grand: 0039E frs, 1139 Turban start, 1 burst, Vent and Turban continued
Oblong: 0525ie ? wc GT, 1131ie
Riverside: 0903ie, 1527 GT
Artemisia: 1057ie by steam cloud
Fountain: 0719ie, 1225ns GT

Low 30's this AM, reaching 70 by early-afternoon.  Forecast was for
afternoon thunderstorms, and we saw lots of black clouds later in the
AM, but got very little rain.

About Grand:  I arrived by 0824 to see Grand in overflow, with so-so
full Grand pool and water rippling down the runoff channel.  The first
Turban I saw was 0850 D-0?.  Next Turban @ 0908 with low Grand pool,
Turban 0943 (35min), 1001, 1029 (28min), 1046 (low Grand pool), 1105,
1122, 1138.   I am making no attempt to code this one--just glad when
it was over.  There was a huge crowd at one point--SRO.   Beehive's
Indicator, then the end of the prediction window thinned it out quite
a bit.  The eruption was on the 1st Turban after the start of Rift
(1127ns).

When I headed for Norris early this AM I saw the fox den area had "No
stopping next 1/2 mile" posted and the Iron Spring picnic area closed
entirely.  Early as it was, I saw no foxes out.

Barbara Lasseter