[Geysers] Geyser Report Monday, July 13, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:29:43 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Monday, July 13, 2015

Beehive: 0046 GT(Indicator 0029 GT)
Grand: (yesterday @ 2327E) 0932 D12/T2C
Fountain: 1046 D=31
Oblong: 0504ie frs, 1000 GT
Riverside: 0831, 1445 GT
Daisy 0626 frs, 0917
Artemisia 1051 GT

Cloudy and cool this AM with a few raindrops, warm and sunny come midday.

Just prior to the long-awaited Grand eruption at 0932 a coyote crossed
the hill, scouting marmots.  The marmots put out an alarm call, and
everyone waiting enjoyed the coyote barking and howling.  Once Grand
started, I lost my view of him behind the steam.

The bison that was hanging around the meadows along Firehole Lake Dr
was by White Dome this AM.

When Fountain erupted, the Morning pool was quite low.  There was no
Morning's Thief eruption, but Clepsydra had a 7 min pause after the
eruption.

At Old Faithful, I watched a man walking a ...cat??  The little animal
tugged the leash, darted about, and jumped into the air, twisting.
When I got a better look, I realized it was a small but very active
dog, enjoying his outing to the utmost.  Walking a wild cat might have
been easier.

Overheard @ Fountain: (a visiting Dad to his young child regarding
Twig, which was not ie):  "This is a mudpot over here.  It dried up."

Got 1 inquiry from a tour guide, pointing to Fountain as it erupted,
asking what the name of that one was.

The line of cars coming in along the W entrance road was solid for
over 9 miles of its 14 mi length as I exited at 1230 or so.  Did not
see any animal, and the line was moving, but very slowly--just a lot
of cars it seemed.  At the gate the backup did not reach the light.
The blinker light at Yellowstone and Canyon in West Yellowstone has
been changed to a stoplight with much needed pedestrian walk signals
and turn lanes.  Before 0600 it functions as a 4 way stop.  The light
favors traffic on Canyon.  If I come in after 0600, I take another
route rather than sitting at a long red light on Yellowstone.

Barbara Lasseter