[Geysers] Geyser Report Sunday, July 12, 2015

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 12:20:43 PDT 2015

Geyser Report Sunday, July 12, 2015

First, my observations at Ledge this AM.  At 0630 white vent was
gently steaming with perhaps just a bit of water, nothing at all
forceful.  Nothing from red vent,  Jetsam was very low.  The round
rock in the bottom of the pool was fully exposed.  The pool directly
below the walkway was also very low.  It had an extensive "mud flat"
extending beyond the small pool of water nearest the walkway.  The
spitter into that pool was spitting.   I came pepared to enjoy a quiet
day there, but after watching for 20-30min chose to leave.  Is this
what one sees after the steam phase ends?  I guessed I had missed the
eruption entirely, but if it started during the day yesterday, I would
expect word to get out..

Beautiful sunrise with enough clouds to pick up the colors.  I had
been seeing snowshoe hares at Norris in the early AM, but not today.
Lots of elk on the way, however.  The sky was sunny, but the breeze
was sharp most of the AM.  Another great sweater morning.

At Fountain, there was no water in sight in Morning, so again I
bailed.  Great Fountain was reported to have erupted at 2101 last
evening and had not reached overflow at 0800.  From the folks I could
see at Gemini from Great Founain, I guessed I had missed the start of
a series there and stayed for overflow at 0840 and the eruption at
1006.   The breeze gave a great view of the eruption from the end of
the boardwalk.

Beehive: 0247ns GT
Grand: 0407E
Fountain: about 0500ie and again only 4-5hrs later
Great Fountain 1006 P=0
White Dome: 0804, 0846, 0914, 0939, 0958

Barbara Lasseter