[Geysers] A Geyser Gazer Survey

Bill Johnson canbelto at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 20:31:41 PDT 2015

Thanks for doing this; there were a number of thought-provoking questions
that I hope you'll eventually publish statistics on.  One thing that I'd
suggest changing, if you still can for people who haven't answered yet:
there is a question asking whether we have "visited any other thermal areas
outside of YNP".  Any chance of redoing that one so that it asks not only
whether, but which one(s)?  I think it would be very interesting, and
possibly also a resource for gazers traveling abroad, to know whether we
have among us experiences with specific geyser fields elsewhere.
Certainly, if I'd known that there were others among us who had been to the
El Tatio field in Chile before my wife and I went there last spring, I'd
have tried to make some contacts that might have improved our own
experiences there -- although I will say that we had a grand time just as
it was, as I reported in a Sput last year.

Speaking of the Sput, on a different, less fun topic: I recently became
aware of a weird, unexplained glitch in the data base of Sput subscribers,
which I maintain as the "shopkeeper" for the (currently inactive but
hopefully soon to be revived) GOSA store.  It appears that some Sput
subscribers were mysteriously left off the list for the February edition of
the Sput who should have been on it -- myself(!) among them.  We think this
is fixed now, but if you think your subscription status was such that you
should have got the February Sput but didn't, please drop me a line at
BillGOSAstore at gmail.com and I'll look into it.  Also, if you're a serious
Excel expert, I'd also appreciate a contact, in the hope that we can figure
out what happened and keep it from happening again.

-- Bill Johnson
BillGOSAstore at gmail.com for GOSA stuff (soon to be replaced by a GOSA.org
address), canbelto at gmail.com for everything else