[Geysers] Geyser Report Thursday, September 25, 2014

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:47:26 PDT 2014

Geyser Report Thursday, September 25, 2014

The bison are wearing their winter coats and flopping on the ground
during the summertime heat we are experiencing @ mid-day.  Madison
Campground did NOT have the "FULL" sign posted when I came home today.
The bear closure signs were still up @ Biscuit for the Artemisia
trail, but the VC verified with backcountry that there were no active
bear closures,and I received permission to take a look at Artemisia
(which was a foot below full at 0900).

At that point grand, beehive, riverside, daisy, great fountain, and
artemisia all had erupted--back to Fountain once again.

Beehive: 0037 FRS
Grand 0810ie FRS, 0808 NS WC GT
Lion: 0728ie gazer report
Aurum: 0750 FRS
Riverside: 0825ie FRS, 0822 NS WC per VC
Daisy: 0842 FRS
Grotto: 0934 NS GT
Fountain: 1003, ending at 1038
Jet: 0951, 1001, 1007
Super Frying Pan: 1006
Twig: 1038

It looks as though I have at least 1 more nice day ahead.  The
fishermen throng the rivers.  The single swan continues to hang around
the Firehole just N of Nez Perce picnic area.  The bison are handsome
in their new dark coats.  The elk are few and far between.  The
snowshoe hares have become pintos--a splotchy dark and white combo.
Their traffic fatality rate is consistently high between Biscuit and
Black Sand Basins.  There are many oversize trucks/loads on the road
starting before dawn for the construction projects.

Barbara Lasseter