[Geysers] Geyser Report Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:17:33 PDT 2014

Geyser Report Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Great Fountain: 0630ie  This call was an audible, not a visible.  I
rolled down the window approaching White Dome to be sure I wasn't
driving through an eruption.  It was silent, totally out of sight, and
DID leave a few "larger than the fog" drops in my windshield.  Today
is unusually warm, or at least it became so after initially getting
colder as I waited for Fountain.  My first plan was for Artemisia.
That trail from Biscuit had a bear CLOSURE sign posted as of
yesterday.  I heard, but did not see for myself, that the Fairy Falls
trail had a similar closure.

Going home late yesterday, I encountered a traffic jam at Madison Jct.
There was a string of over 50 southbound vehicles and a long line of
vehicles from OF trying to turn onto the W Entrance Rd.  The folks
hoping to turn Northbound were out of luck.  I understand the Norris
to Mammoth roadway is closed totally for a bit longer, so the string
of traffic should not have been the release of a 30min construction
backlog--curious.

Riverside: 0702 FRS
Daisy: 0838 gazer report of FRS call
Grotto: 0717 FRS
Grotto Fountain: 0715 FRS
Fountain: 0933 ended at 1007 D=34
Jet: 0825, 0835, 0843, 0854, 0904, 0933, 0937
Super Frying Pan: 0909  ended at 0912--a brief eruption, but tall
Twig: 1007

Next 2 days should be warm and sunny, but cold, wet weather is
forecast to begin this weekend into the first of the week.  Bluebirds
still abound, and weather forecasts are often wrong!  My bicycle has
gone from the rack, but serious packing will wait as long as the great
weather holds.

Barbara Lasseter