[Geysers] Opal Pool activity

SeeMontana at aol.com SeeMontana at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 18:42:36 PDT 2014

Hello. I will try to post photos of the Opal Pool eruptions in a day or
two. I observed multiple eruptions today, the first time to see Opal erupting
after more than 30 years in Yellowstone.

Two notes regarding the eruptions:

1. Very muddy color, grey/ dark color. Multiple eruptions in a few minutes
up to 30 feet. The deposits on the boardwalk were white.

2. I have smelled many pools in Yellowstone but I have never smelled such
an odd scent that Opal was putting out today- not sinter, not calcium or
silica,  nothing like smells in other thermal areas.

Steve Braun

Celebrating 21 years of service to 42,000 guests from around the  world!

Facebook.com/adventureyellowstone
Adventure  Yellowstone, Inc.
PO Box 746
Bozeman, MT 59771 USA _www.national-park-tours.com_
(http://www.national-park-tours.com/)
Tel/Fax:  406-585-9041

In a message dated 9/23/2014 6:00:38 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,