[Geysers] Geyser Report Saturday, September 13, 2014

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 15:27:10 PDT 2014

Geyser Report Saturday, September 13, 2014

A bit warmer today, but icy boardwalks linger til mid-morning.  I was
loaning out my ice scraper to overnight parkers at the Lower Store
again this morning.  I could not see much of anything along Firehole
Lake Dr this AM.  When only 2 dashes of yellow paint in the center of
the road are visible, I consider fog to be dense.  I had some places
with 1 visible dash of paint today--a slo-o-ow trip.  Still lots of
sunshine, and forecast for more sunshine and warmer every day.

The elk that seemed to have started congregating along the Madison
last month have not been evident recently, perhaps because I go in in
the dark and come home mid-day.  I have seen the swan (sadly, still
only 1) on the Firehole just N of NezPerce picnic area a couple of
times recently.  Traffic from Madison Jct to OF and back reflects the
closure S of OF (UGB is now a dead-end road).  Add to that the release
of long lines of cars from Norris with the 30min construction delays,
and traffic is not as light as you might expect at this time of year.

Beehive: 1225 (indicator at 1221, water seen at 1219)
Grand: 0509 per gazer, 0520E FRS (they will be checking that clock),
1100 FRS  Turban start from a low Grand pool

Little Cub ie @ 1014, 1056, 1133, 1208
Depression: 0730, 1146ns
Aurum: 0849
Oblong: 0528ie GT, 1059ie FRS