[Geysers] Geyser Report Friday, September 12, 2014

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 14:43:18 PDT 2014

Geyser Report Friday, September 12, 2014

Yesterday the forecast for WYS was 22 degrees and snow, so I opted to
do chores.  We had essentially NO snow and the cool morning temps were
rapidly replaced with cool sunny skies--beautiful day in the low 60's.
I never saw temps below 30.  Today, however, with forecast of 28/60, I
had temps as low as 13 going in the W entrance.  It was clear and
still most of the AM.  The Grand runoff channel from Vent to the
boardwalk was iced over.  I was hoping for "breakup" once Grand
erupted, but got nothing so dramatic. Temps were up to 39 by 1115, but
it was a chilly morning.  In the LGB, with heavy fog, there were areas
with enough frost on grass and lodgepole to make a winter snow scene.

Grand: 1040 2 burst
Lion: 0718
Aurum: 0918 FRS
Castle: 0836 FRS major
W triplet: 0905ie (off by 1012)
Rift: 0946ie FRS (off by 1019)
Riverside: 0630 per gazer report
Daisy: approx 0822ie FRS, 1112 FRS
Great Fountain: 0658ns (the first big bursts, before the flood)
Sawmill had been off as I baby-stepped past going toward Grand.  It
was ie at 0949, and off again as I left Grand.
Till: 1115ie
Percolator was ie at 0905 and thru the wait for Grand.

The weather report says warming trend on the way.

Barbara Lasseter