[Geysers] Lakeshore Geyser

David Schwarz david.schwarz at alumni.duke.edu
Wed May 21 08:42:38 PDT 2014

A couple of reference photos from the Digital Slide File, which clearly
show that the small vent is the major eruptive vent:

http://www.nps.gov/features/yell/slidefile/thermalfeatures/geysers/westthumb/Images/05381.jpg

http://www.nps.gov/features/yell/slidefile/thermalfeatures/geysers/westthumb/Images/11083.jpg

Note the larger "pressure pool" drained in the foreground of both photos.

David Schwarz