[Geysers] Lakeshore Geyser

Michael Goldberg goldbeml at ucmail.uc.edu
Tue May 20 18:08:30 PDT 2014

On May 14, Ryan Maurer reported seeing eruptive activity from Lakeshore.
Here is his description attached to the observation at 09:17 (copy/pasted
from GeyserTimes.org).

     "Intermittent boiling from the main vent every 30-40s, one of these
built into a violent boiling to a foot to a foot and a half with droplets and
splashes to 2-3ft.  Dropped to boiling 6-9inches and pumping out a LOT of
water after a few seconds or so of the big stuff.  Eruption stopped and
the intermittent surges became less frequent and less powerful.  Saw no
more steam from it ten-fifteen later."

[I'd be interested to know which hole is the "main vent" in this recent
activity.  If I remember correctly from old pictures, past eruptions came
from the smaller lakeward vent.]

Michael Goldberg
Michael.Goldberg at uc.edu