[Geysers] Brief Geyser Report Thursday, May 30, 2013

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Thu May 30 11:44:48 PDT 2013

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Rain forecast over a wide area, and that was certainly true for the
area I was in.  Of course, now back in West Yellowstone it is sunny...

This is the AM geyser data from Jim Scheirer plus great fountain--well
attended given that the UGB and Fountain area had temporarily
exhausted themselves.

Beehive: 0443
Grand: 0608 T1Q
West Triplet: 0518ie, ending by 0539
Rift: 0518ie
Bulger major: 0538
Oblong: 0602ns
Daisy: 0624ns
Great Fountain: overflow at 0722, eruption @ 0854 p=9
White Dome erupted 3 times between 0722 and 0739.  I saw it again 0827 & 0934.

Morning was 0115 d=34
Fountain appeared to have erupted prior to my first passing the area
at 0605-0610, per the Beverly's on-site observations.  (Only Clepsydra
was active as I drove the flats.)

Returning to Great Fountain after getting the early data from Jim S.,
I circled Firehole Lake Dr a couple of times in order to spot the 3
wolves Carol & Bill Beverly had seen leaving the Fountain parking lot
and headed my way--1 dark, 2 light colored.  Got a nice view as they
took the roadway for a piece at White Dome before doubling back into
the woods.

Barbara Lasseter