[Geysers] geyser report Friday, May 31, 2013

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri May 31 12:14:00 PDT 2013

Friday, May 31. 2013

High 20's going into park, to 40's by 0900, but sun eventually got
swallowed by clouds and brisk breeze was cutting right thru me at
Fountain--another short day.
30-50 bison were traveling E on the W entrance road this AM.  No
problem scooting thru at 0530, but creating quite a westbound jam as I
returned.

I never made it as far as Old Faithful.  Great Fountain was in
overflow, trickling over the outer rim as I arrived at 0602.  Benches
and boardwalk coated with frost thru the eruption.

Great Fountain: O648 p=0
White Dome: 0619, 0653

Great Fountain had a tall, wide, send water under the boardwalk first
series.  I laughed out loud as I watched.  Stopped at Pink cone a bit
then to Fountain.  Jet was going every 8-9 minutes.  Spasm was ie at
0908.  Morning's Thief started bubbling up at 0937.  Twig started at
1031.  I pulled out by 1100.

Again, Beartooth and Dunraven Pass were closed as I entered.  I
suspect they may have something like an 11PM to 7AM closure just as a
precaution against what might become of the roads during that time,
but I haven't confirmed that.  If you are coming that way, please
check before committing.

Barbara Lasseter