[Geysers] Morning Geyser, May 30 @ 0115

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 08:47:04 PDT 2013

Maureen Edgerton and others reported yet another Morning eruption at 0115 on May 30.  That is the fourth consecutive Fountain cycle with a Morning eruption.  Morning's Thief had no steam beforehand and the duration was 34 minutes per Maureen.

One thing I forgot to mention in my earlier post is that Morning's durations have been 24-34 minutes.  The nature of the eruptions has not changed from those seen previously--eruption starts with a boil on the north side of the crater, and the eruption consists of lots of huge bursts and blue bubbles.  However, Morning is still throwing a lot of rocks.  On May 25 it threw a rock I judged to be about the size of a football.  The rocks usually appear again being tossed around by the next Fountain eruption.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com