[Geysers] Morning data--glitch in geysertimes.org (Young)

megj at nwlink.com megj at nwlink.com
Sun May 12 11:06:07 PDT 2013

As a plea from programmers everywhere, write or call your congressman and request a repeal of Daylight Saving Time!

Thanks,
Jake

But if Daylight Savings Time was repealed, it would get light here in western Washington before four in the morning in June, or, if we kept DST year round, it would get dark at three in the afternoon in December.  I don’t know where you live, Jake, but these facts are just as disruptive to a lot of us as DST is to programmers.  More, actually – you guys do some seriously complicated programming.  Why is something as simple as an hour’s change twice a year so particularly hard to adjust for?

Meg
who would write and call both my rep and senator to protest strenuously should such a thing come up