[Geysers] Old Faithful Plumbing Study (Young)

Karen Webb caros at xmission.com
Sat Apr 13 13:54:56 PDT 2013

This is very interesting, although the abstract seems to suggest
slightly different data than the livescience article describes (so, yes,
if anyone has access to the full article, I also would like to see it if
that's not a violation of the terms for article retrieval). I have to
wish again that someone would also study a fountain geyser so the two
plumbing systems could be compared. I've been curious about whether a
multiple-burst Grand or the really vigourous or superburst Great
Fountain eruptions are tapping a second or different part of their
aquifers. Also, I think the abstract is saying that this is a
reexamination of the 1992 data (which I thought used a fiberoptic
camera) and that what they've found is a previously unidentified part of
OF's plumbing system. Thanks, Jacob for the links!
Karen Webb