[Geysers] Geyser Report Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:21:30 PDT 2012

45 degrees this AM in West Yellowstone as I headed for the park 0545.
The temps dropped all the way in, reaching 34 degrees on arrival at
OF.  Once the sun cleared the ridge, it began to warm, and near mid
day the smoke blew in.   That 16 degree prediction had been revised
yesterday, and in fact the day was quite mild. I spent most of the AM
at Lone Pine, which was overflowing and boiling when I arrived at
0810--and when I left at 1100.

The prediction for Grand geyser is now 5-7hours--a 2 hr window and a
6hr interval.  The eruptions I've seen continue to occur in the first
hour of that window.

We seem to have more motor homes and RV's in the park than ever.  At
the same time, fewer appear to be rentals.  Must be part of the after
Labor Day shift in visitors to more retirees.

Beehive: erupted sometime before 0330
Grand: 0645 G2C, 1228 G1C
West Triplet: 1111ie
Castle: 0538ie in water phase, major
Oblong: about 0400, 0855
Riverside: 0405, 1023
Daisy:  0614ns, 0851, 1130
Grotto: 1218
Grotto Fountain: 1214  water over the trees was clearly visible from Grand
Fountain: 0519ie
South Grotto Fountain: 1215
Great Fountain: 0813 D=91 minutes (prediction for as late tonight as 2215)
Occasional had intervals of 42 and 37 minutes
Depression: 0815, 1305
Artemisia: 0950ie
Tilt's Baby: 1008
No Fan & Mortar as of the time I left.