[Geysers] Geyser Report Monday, September 10, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 18:18:21 PDT 2012

Woke up to a warm 44 degrees in West Yellowstone, into the park before
0600, and to Old Faithful about 0645 after a quick pass thru Firehole
Lake Drive.--55 degrees @ OF!

Great Fountain was in early overflow as I went by just before 0630, so
after the 0700 geyser call, I headed back to catch the eruption.  Very
interesting skies--dark clouds, spaces with sunshine, spaces with
rain, NON-GEYSER rainbow!  Caught a near-superburst in the first
series--one of the best eruptions of Great Fountain I have seen in a
while, and the dramatic skies set it off beautifully.