[Geysers] Woodside, UT in LA Times / 2006 photos

Kory Collier korynp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 23:55:42 PDT 2012

There was an article on September 25th in the Los Angeles Times about the
"town" of Woodside, Utah being put up for sale.  The cold-water geyser is
mentioned, mainly in the last two paragraphs.  Here's the link:
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-town-for-sale-20120925,5,5601673.story?page=1

One of the "related photos" includes this in its caption: "Tourists used to
visit the town for its famous cold-water geyser, now only a trickle."

It has been maybe three or four years since I last spotted Woodside Geyser
in eruption, but in the several years before that, I occasionally saw it
from the highway. I had the impression that it could still be seen
sometimes, but haven't heard anyone mention seeing it recently.  I took the
attached pre-dawn snapshots in November 2006.  (The people-less one was
posted on the listserv once before).

Kory Collier