[Geysers] Longmire Hot Springs cyclic?

Micah Kipple godsfireworks at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 28 22:00:59 PDT 2012

So this isn't very related to Geysers but earlier this month I heard mention that someone said that they saw cyclic action in the Longmire thermal springs at the foot of Mount Rainer in Washington about a year ago. I've done some digging and the most information I can find on the springs seems to come from a single website that states that they go through temperature variations from 77-89 degrees F, and that surprisingly they have traces of travertine in them. But can anyone confirm or support this observation that they may have some periodic bubbling? As a Washingtonian I am curious to see if we actually have anything interesting happening with our meager thermal springs.

Micah Kipple

Volcanoes are God's Fireworks