[Geysers] geyser report Tues 6-29-12

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:09:11 PDT 2012

Today is one of those gorgeous, cool, sunny days that makes you more
thrilled then ever to be in Yellowstone.

With fewer clouds, the car temp read 25 degrees as I set out a bit
earlier than usual for me at 0515.  There was a good bit of mist for
the trip in--many opportunities for mist pictures that may or may not
be good ones.

I made a pass thru Firehole Lake Drive, and found Lynn Stephens
waiting for Pink Cone.  Back in the mist was Pink erupting.  I circled
around to watch Great Fountain, passing a sandhill crane.  White Dome
was often obscured, but by 0745 overflow it was clearing nicely.  Bill
Warnock called from the loop road and relayed the overflow info to Old
Faithful.

Mt Holmes across the meadow was strikingly snow-capped, quite a change
from the spotty snow on the surrounding mountains mid-month.

Great Fountain was at 0911 p=0 with a very tall first burst.  I
believe most of us there took off for fountain before the 3rd burst
was finished.