[Geysers] North Googles 5-11-2012

robert lieb rflieb at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 17:15:25 PDT 2012

I just got home from my weekend trip to YNP and I would like to clarify the reports of North Goggles on the 11th from 15:00 onwards.

I can verify that the minors reported in geysertimes.org for 15:25, 16:23, 17:50, and 19:14 were all true minors being at least 6-10 feet tall and lasting at least 20 seconds.   I was in the immediate vicinity for all of them.   The minor reported at 16:13 was definitely only a strong boil and not an eruption.
I took video of the Goggles activity that afternoon and will post an edited video to youtube soon under the name of RFL611.

Robert Lieb