[Geysers] North Googles 5-11-2012

Michael Goldberg goldbeml at ucmail.uc.edu
Tue May 15 18:17:29 PDT 2012

Robert, thanks for the update.

In the 1990s, whenever a series of North Goggle minors was in progress,
every one of the overflow periods that didn't feature an eruption would
have a flurry of boiling six inches to a foot high.

For whatever reason the first overflow cycle (about 30 minutes after the
previous minor eruption) usually didn't trigger an eruption, but the next
one or the one after that might.  A lot of in-series intervals were 40-50
minutes that year.

The boiling with each overflow cycle would continue for a few hours after
a series was over, as North Goggle gradually cooled down.

Michael Goldberg
michael.Goldberg at uc.edu