[Geysers] Geyser report Friday, June 29, 2012

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 15:40:14 PDT 2012

I spent most of my time in the park yesterday at Fountain--morning's
thief X 8 then Fountain at 1344 d=46.  Also on 6-28 Great Fountain at
0621 p=3.

The boardwalk at Firehole Lake has been restored, but I haven't walked
it.  The paving job on the 20 feet of damaged asphalt in front of 3
Sisters spring that I mentioned had pothole patches earlier in the
month has now gotten a new surface all the way across the road for
that section.

TODAY:    Fan & Mortar had a lovely midday eruption under blue skies
with full sun.  East vent started.  Mortar did a bit of a stutter
start then held off for a good while, giving viewers on the bridge a
great opportunity to see Fan's vents in action before it rushed in and
took over the stage.  [1210]

On to more mundane matters...

Beehive: 0446wc
Grand: 0300e, 1032 (turban start, 2 burst--lo-o-ng second burst)
Plume: 0545, ..0737, 0838, .. 1031, ..1322, 1415
Lion: 0541 (apparent initial), 0643ie, 0739, 0842, 0933, 1032, ....1239ie
Depression: 1042
Aurum was called a bit before 0800, but I failed to note the time
Castle: 0525 major
Oblong: 0620ns, 1159
Riverside: 0552ns, 1126
Daisy: 0708e, 0944ns, 1232, 1454
Grotto: 0803 (off by 0949)
Grotto Fountain: 0800
Rocket Major: 1410
Fountain: 0029, 1221
Morning's Thief: started 1048 I hear
Great Fountain: 0627 p=0  very steamy
White Dome: 0634
Sawmill start: 0759, off shortly after 0830
N Goggles minor @ 1443
Flood: 1513ie
Artemisia was called at 1456.  Since I had been sitting there since
F&M and had just bicycled back to the lower store when I heard the
call, Lynn Stephens must have had a very short wait.

A co-ed summer teen group was backpacking by Artemisia toward Old
Faithful while I waited there.  Notice 2 new large rocks in the pool,
the 2nd one thrown in after I called out and went over to the group
after the first rock.  Leader would not say just what group they
represented.  His response: "We told them not to do that."

I'll be out of the basin tomorrow.

Barbara Lasseter