No subject

Fri Jun 29 04:16:13 PDT 2012

black plastic at this point), it appears the first 6-7 miles of the
road may be chip sealed in the near future.  That would be the W
Entrance to about the Madison bridge where the project stopped last
year.  Nothing in today's W Yellowstone News about the project that  I
saw.

Beehive: 1235 (indicator @ 1216)  Last night's beehive was 2044wc.
Grand: 1004 T2C
Plume: 0749, 0846, 0948, 1043, 1141, 1234
Lion: 0523ie, 0622
Little Cub ie @ 0747, 0934, 1003, 1034, 1138
Depression: 0930
Castle was post-major this AM and had not erupted before I left the basin
Oblong: 1104ns
Riverside: 0630ie, 1235
Daisy: 0911, 1150
Fountain: 1014 d=40
Tilt's Baby: 1055
Pink Cone: 1035
Artemisia: 1142ie
N Goggles minors @ 0732, 0823, 0915, 0954, 1036, 1116
White was ie @ 1259
Kitten, across the boardwalk from N Goggles was doing periodic low
splashing and putting out a good bit of water (reaching the boardwalk)

I'm seeing LOTS of buckwheat pretty much everywhere, and lupine blooms
are becoming more common along roadsides.  Cow Parsnip is coming on in
damp shady areas.  There are some nice bog orchids along the trail
from Liberty to Lion, as well as geraniums, sulfur paintbrush, chives,
harebells, flax.   Unfortunately, those blossoms near the walk tend to
disappear rapidly.  I must check out the trail to Solitary for those
lovely columbines that were there last year.

The young Canada geese are huge already, but I saw a family of tiny
ducklings today.

Barbara Lasseter