[Geysers] Text message notification service

Will Boekel wolveslax65 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 17:18:21 PDT 2012

Text message notification service

I have an idea that I got from my father who is a high school lacrosse coach. My father uses a free text messaging service to contact his players about canceled events or other notifications. This service is easy to manage he said and the only down side is that a small advertisement is attached to the end of the message. Also every time a text is sent out you actually earn a small amount of money (something like $0.02-$0.10 a message). With the money that will be built up I plan to give to GOSA or to start a fund for something new that we want. With this service, multiple groups can be set up so you can sign up for only the messages you want (ex: Beehive group and Other Big Events group). So I thought I would post this to the listserve to see what kind of interest there is in having a system like this.

Thanks,

Will Boekel