[Geysers] Question for the Historians - Gary Henderson

Mary Beth Schwarz schwarzmb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 19:01:32 PST 2012

     There was a Wylie tent camp between Grotto and Splendid with hot water
provided from Punch Bowl Spring.  A special old postcard shows the first
car at the turn to the camp.  Another postcard shows the view from the camp
toward Grand.

     You would enjoy the book Ho! For Wonderland Traveler's Accounts of
Yellowstone 1872-1914 edited by Lee Whittlesey and Elizabeth Watry (2009,
336 pages hardbound) available at the Yellowstone Association store or
Amazon (and also for Kindle).

     Mary Beth Schwarz