[Geysers] Question for the Historians - Gary Henderson

Dan Roach Go_Utes at comcast.net
Sun Feb 19 18:57:21 PST 2012

I'm no historian, but I believe the Wiley Tent Camp in the UGB was located
on the hill immediately north of the north spur trail that leads into the
Daisy Geyser area.  When the blacktop bike trail was the main road through
the UGB this trail was a spur road for autos that continued on between Daisy
Geyser and Bonita Pool, around the south side of Daisy Geyser and then out
to Black Sand Pool and over to what is now Black Sand Basin. There are
photos somewhere showing cars driving on that old spur road, right next to
Daisy Geyser, and I have seen an old photo posted here that showed the Wiley
Tent Camp on that hill.

Dan Roach