[Geysers] Regarding the Live Streaming Cam

Carolyn Aaronson car86ga at cox.net
Sun Feb 19 06:48:34 PST 2012

How lucky we are as geyser gazers to have the live streaming camera
in the Park. However, this is a reminder that the live streaming cam
is in the Park for the PUBLIC to view Old Faithful as is erupts in
the basin and everything else seen is "gravy".  It is the choice of
the each individual cam operator to focus on whatever he/she wants to
view whether it be down basin, geysers on the hill, or a variety of
animals .Again, the only requirement is that the camera focused on
Old Faithful when it erupts. The volunteers (which by the way are
doing a wonderful job) spend hours of their time for all to enjoy
Yellowstone. Also ,it is not the job of the operators to post on any
of the chat pages or geyser times and they do so by choice as a
courtesy. Remember, others post on the pages as well and the chatter,
as well as the times posted, on the pages should not be taken as
gospel since they are often stated in error. It should also be noted
that Canon has donated the camera to the Park for us to use and not
requested anything more of us as far as I know.

Carolyn Aaronson (Cam Supervisor)