[Geysers] Dallol - The World's Weirdest Volcanic Crater ~ Kuriositas

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Feb 18 09:23:36 PST 2012

Neat place, Dallol. Not too long ago there was a TV program that had a few
shots of the place. I'd tell you what the program was if I could remember!

The same (I think) erupting spring can be seen the background of the second
 photo. Do note the term "gas geysers" obviously, I haven't been there to
see for  myself but the considered opinion is just that -- "gas" but not true
geysers,  more akin to perpetual spouters while they exist -- which is only
briefly as the  rapid deposition of new salt and/or sulfur quickly alters
the area.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 2/17/2012 7:42:52 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,