[Geysers] North Goggles not seen the last 3 hours of today 2/13/12

JEFFREY CROSS jeff.cross at utah.edu
Tue Feb 14 19:51:54 PST 2012

Where is Frog Geyser?

Jeff Cross
jeff.cross at utah.edu

From: geysers-bounces at lists.wallawalla.edu [geysers-bounces at lists.wallawalla.edu] On Behalf Of David Schwarz [david.schwarz at alumni.duke.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 9:35 AM
To: Geyser Observation Reports
Subject: Re: [Geysers] North Goggles not seen the last 3 hours of today 2/13/12

   The closest I can remember was a series of eight eruptions in the mid-1990s (1995?) after a particularly long overflow.  All were very typical short-duration minors, and I don't think any of the intervals were as short as 20 minutes (that would have been the first fill after the previous eruption).  I think most occurred on the second or third fill.  I'll see if I can find my notes later.

   I think several other strange things happened in the general vicinity on the same day--Frog Geyser was active and murky and Marmot Cave started having small eruptions for the first time I had ever seen it.  Maybe a few other things as well--again, I'll need to find my notes.

David Schwarz