[Geysers] Fan and Mortar details, June 29

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 01:41:39 PDT 2012

I realized that the details from the June 29 Fan and Mortar eruption never got posted.  Sorry for the huge delay.  Kitt Barger called the event cycle.

1052 Main Vent first splash
1105 Bottom Vent #1 (d~8m)
1118 Bottom Vent #2 (d~6m)
1128 Bottom Vent #3
1136 River on
1141 Gold, Angle
1158 High steady
1206 Lock
1210 Fan and Mortar

No one recorded what happened before Main Vent started splashing, but it is likely that there was no pause.  What struck me about this event cycle was that the water levels started out good, as usual, but then dropped and were not very good at all.  Gold had very little water for at least several minutes.  I am not sure I have ever seen an eruption after such poor water levels.  But they came back, with high very quickly going into lock behavior.  Gold took longer to rebound but eventually joined in the lock.

I didn't write down which vent started first or a duration, sorry.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com