[Geysers] Unnamed geyser on Geyser Hill near Sponge (Schwarz)

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 16:38:42 PDT 2012

Graham wrote: Here's a photo from the boardwalk in 2007 with two features
erupting, I was
told the left one was Slot and the right one closer to Plate  was an UNNG.
Of course there might be an unnamed crack further to the left  too... Given
the shape of the eruption seen on the webcam, it looks more  likely to come
from the round vent on the right.

Can anyone confirm  which one is Slot?

Scott sez:
Based on Graham's photo, I think he is right -- I think the  round crater
is unnamed, that it is not Slot. Slot is the thing spraying to the  left of
the crater. And the crater is what I was referring to as having seen in  2010
and wet in 2012. My opinion only, but I therefore think the apparent
statements by Ralph and David are incorrect -- I do not think the round crater
is Slot (think about the name, for starters). In any case, the Webcam shots
are  undoubtedly from the crater.

Scott Bryan

In a message dated 8/21/2012 2:54:41 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,