[Geysers] Unnamed geyser on Geyser Hill near Sponge (Schwarz)

Mary Beth Schwarz schwarzmb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 19:23:52 PDT 2012

     Today 18 August 2012 Dick Powell saw two eruptions of the unnamed
geyser on Geyser Hill near Sponge at 0953 and 1221.  Each eruption was two
bursts, and he has pictures of the one at 1221 taken from the boardwalk
near Sponge.  Height estimate is 4'-5' with 2 bursts of short 5-10 seconds?
duration.  The feature is about 2/5 of the distance between Plate and
Boardwalk (closer to Plate) , and Dick located a hole on the UGB Geologic
map that may be the location of the feature.  I saw the second eruption
from the porch of the Lower Store today.  Dick and I also saw it erupt in
July but did not know the exact location.

     This does seem to be what Scott Bryan described that he observed in
2010.

     Did the webcam folks see these or other eruptions of it today?

     Mary Beth Schwarz