No subject

Fri Oct 14 05:36:57 PDT 2011

Salt and Pepper.  First the "Pepper" vent is almost inactive.  When you
look at it from across the river the old Pepper vent boils to only a few
inches.  To me it appears the Salt vent is mow somewhat higher.  There is a
clear run off channel from Black Diamond to Salt and Pepper.  It appears it
is only used during an eruption.  Bill said that after the eruption of
Black Diamond Salt and Pepper (Salt only?) was erupting with black sands
but the next day it was clear again.  I suspect it was from washed in
obsidian sand.  There was no evidence I saw of any eruption from Black Opal
or the real Wall pool.  The new vent below Black Opal between Black Opal
and the river appears to have more overflow but the water is clear.

Stephen Eide

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:43 AM, <TSBryan at aol.com> wrote:

> **
> My thanks go along with the others for the photos and reports about the
> goings-on at Wall, Black Diamond, and Black Opal. A couple of points and
> questions here.
>
> 1. That "Wall Pool" sign has been incorrectly placed above Black Diamond
> for quite some time now. I long-ago pointed out the error to
> interpreter-signman Sam Holbrook, and he said he was not authorized to
> simply move it to a correct place without authority from a "higher-up."
>
> 2. The photo posted by Peggy Treat (taken in  mid-September) shows Black
> Opal Pool.
>
> 3. Do observers feel (if there is any opinion at all) that the muddiness
> in "Salt & Pepper" is due to a change in the spring(s) itself, or because
> of debris freshly washed into the crater(s)?
>
> 4. Is there any evidence of eruptions in either Black Opal or in any of
> the vents in and about Wall?
>
> Thanks again to all.
>
> Scott Bryan

--f46d0444ed1939816c04b09645b5

n Salt and Pepper.=A0 First the &quot;Pepper&quot; vent is almost inactive.=
=A0 When you look at it from across the river the old Pepper vent=A0boils t=
o only a few inches.=A0 To me it appears the Salt vent is mow somewhat high=
er.=A0 There is a clear run off channel from Black Diamond to Salt and Pepp=
er.=A0 It appears it is only used during an eruption.=A0 Bill said that aft=
er the eruption of Black Diamond=A0Salt and Pepper (Salt only?) was eruptin=
g with black sands but the next day it was clear again.=A0 I suspect it was=
 from washed in obsidian sand.=A0 There was no evidence I saw of any erupti=
on from Black Opal or the real Wall pool.=A0 The new vent below Black Opal =
between Black Opal and the river appears to have more overflow but the wate=
r is clear.</div>

rote:<br>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid"><u></u>
ce=3D"Arial" color=3D"#000000" size=3D"2">
e goings-on at Wall, Black Diamond, and Black Opal. A couple of points and =
questions here.</div>
lack Diamond for quite some time now. I long-ago pointed out the error to i=
nterpreter-signman Sam Holbrook, and he said he was not authorized to simpl=
y move it to a correct place without authority from a &quot;higher-up.&quot=
;</div>

lack Opal Pool.</div>
ss in &quot;Salt &amp; Pepper&quot; is due to a change in the spring(s) its=
elf, or because of debris freshly washed into the crater(s)?</div>
f the vents in and about Wall?</div>
awalla.edu">Geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu</a><br><a href=3D"https://lists.wa=