No subject

Fri Oct 14 05:36:57 PDT 2011

event cycles (poor and good) were all short and fast.  Fan was off for
only short periods.  The time off sometimes was only two or three
minutes.  Most were in the 10-15 minute range.  Over the last two days
I only saw Fan quiet for 30 minutes once.  Today (11-1-11) I had no
splashing in Main Vent for the day but did have some periods of Main
Vent steaming.

East Sentinel is still an island so still has cold water running in it
and only has a low boil.  I doubt there will be a chance for an
eruption before closing day

When I went out this morning Bijou was dead.  As I watched through the
day it came on and off through the day but it appears from the snow on
Giant there was no hot period.  I did forget you check it after 1600.
They took out the bike rack at Grotto on 11-1-11.  And they put in a
short fence across from Scalloped Spring.  I guess because of the hole
near the boardwalk on that side.

Aurum has been seen a few times so far there have been no closed
intervals.  On 10-31 I saw it quite in the morning and it erupted
about three hours later.  Hopefully it is on Winter mode but I can't
prove that yet.

As you have heard Black Diamond continues to be active.  I wonder if
it could be erupting a few times a day but because the eruptions are
so short and there as so few people around it just hasn't been seen.
Right now no one knows.

The temp has been cold but not that bad.  The wind has occasionally
been nasty. There has been a bald eagle in the upper basin all three
days.

More later,
Stephen Eide