[Geysers] Thanks: Loud Steam Phases

Pat Snyder riozafiro at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 17:24:28 PDT 2011

Catfish: Of the three I experienced, I was near Giant at the time, but for my first Catfish eruption, Clark Murray and I were at about the 300 foot mark on the boardwalk (from the Giant cage) and when we heard the roaring, we thought it was a thunderstorm. It was incredibly loud with a booming, thunder-like sound that probably could be heard at least over a .4 mile distance, to my ear, nearly as loud as Beehive. (9.9.06)
Pat Snyder